Everyone ends their emails with an email signature. It may be professionally done or just include your name & contact details.
Do you know how many emails are sent and received every day? You think – duh, it must be a lot!
Lifewire posted the following mind-blowing statistics about emails:
- More than half of the world population used email in 2019.
- The number of worldwide email users is expected to grow to more than 4.3 billion by the end of 2023.
- The total number of business and consumer emails sent and received per day exceeded 293 billion in 2019 and is forecast to grow to more than 347 billion by the end of 2023.
Now think about that small and insignificant email signature trailing at the bottom of that business email.
What is the content of your email signature?
Does it include your Name, Contact Details & Company Logo?
As an organization, imagine the number of emails you and your colleagues together are sending out every day to prospects and customers.
That insignificant email signature is a free & effective marketing tool accessible to anyone!
Did you know that email marketing is rated as an effective digital marketing channel?
Emails are still a very prominent and relevant form of business communication. Unfortunately many think of “marketing emails” as mass emails pushing promotional messages to purchased email lists that in many respects, is equivalent to spam.
We are talking about effective use of email signatures in regular, everyday business emails. Listed below are some ideas that can get you started.
How to use Email Signatures to Drive Traffic to your Online Channels
Here are seven different ideas to drive traffic to your website with effectively designed email signatures:
- Promote Company Brand – This might sound basic but you would be surprised at how few companies take the trouble to have a branded email signature. It needn’t be fancy – a simple email signature that is consistently used by all staff in a uniform format reinforces your brand in all your communication. Add your contact details, including social media channels.
- Promote Company Achievements – Use effective images/gifs to promote your offers, highlight featured products, partnership award, achievement letters…
- Promote Individual Work-related Achievements – Won an Award? Passed a prestigious certification? Or received a fab testimonial? Go on, add it to your email signature.
- Add “Follow us on LinkedIn” to increase followers to your official page, especially for B2B companies
- If you are active on social media or a keen blogger related to your work, link to your Social Media profiles/blog. You can also promote your latest blog article.
- Announce upcoming webinars or showcase past webinar recordings.
- Direct people to Subscribe to your Official Newsletter
Don’t Miss these 3 Points when Using Email Signatures:
- Keep the additional info/banners in your email signature subtle; it should not be too large in size or overpowering in design
- Keep it short but relevant because the idea is to engage your audience without the “in-your-face” sales pitch.
- Remember to remove the information from your email signature the moment the offer is not valid or a link is not active.
Email Signature Generators
The internet is full of examples of professional email signatures that might suit your taste or creative resources. Or you might like to try simple and easy-to-use Email Signature Generators to quickly whip up smart & savvy email signatures.
Some awesome tools to help you get started
And there you have it. A few ideas to quickly start reaching out to your audience and promote content that you may already be promoting on your website or social media channels by effectively using your everyday emails.
Do you already use your email signatures effectively/creatively? We’d love to know what worked great for you. Tell us in the comments below.